Looking for a versatile new home improvement project? Well, it doesn’t get much more versatile than the coved ceiling. In basic terms, a cove is an arc that connects the ceiling to the wall. So, you’re essentially eliminating the sharp edges around the entire room. But we mentioned versatility, right? There are so many different ways you can install the cove kit that you can really create any look you want.
Here are some of the ways you can install your cove ceiling kit:
- No Reveal (Standard Installation) – As described above, this type of installation removes the angles from the room. It connects the ceiling and the wall with a simple curve, almost making the room seem like a cave that has been carved out of stone.
- Top Reveal – This installation is a bit more dramatic. It doesn’t eliminate the angles completely, but it changes where they’re located. With a top reveal, there is an additional step between the cove ceiling kit and the ceiling.
- Bottom Reveal – Just like with the top reveal, this type of installation can give your coved ceiling even more flair. Instead of having a step near the ceiling, with a bottom reveal, it’s between the kit and the wall.
- Top & Bottom Reveal- A perfect installation style to make your cove ceiling pop. It is a combo with a step near the ceiling & wall. Best used when completing a remodel because no demolition is needed.
- Fun with Moldings – Regardless of the type of installation you choose for your cove ceiling kit, you can add molding to accent the look even further.