Looking for a versatile new home improvement project? Well, it doesn’t get much more versatile than the coved ceiling . In basic terms, a cove is an arc that connects the ceiling to the wall. So, you’re essentially eliminating the sharp edges around the entire room. But we mentioned versatility, right? There are so many different ways you can install the cove kit that you can really create any look you want.
Here are some of the ways you can install your cove ceiling kit :
- No Reveal (Standard Installation) – As described above, this type of installation removes the angles from the room. It connects the ceiling and the wall with a simple curve, almost making the room seem like a cave that has been carved out of stone.
- Top Reveal – This installation is a bit more dramatic. It doesn’t eliminate the angles completely, but it changes where they’re located. With a top reveal, there is an additional step between the cove ceiling kit and the ceiling.
- Bottom Reveal – Just like with the top reveal, this type of installation can give your coved ceiling even more flair. Instead of having a step near the ceiling, with a bottom reveal, it’s between the kit and the wall.
- Top & Bottom Reveal- A perfect installation style to make your cove ceiling pop. It is a combo with a step near the ceiling & wall. Best used when completing a remodel because no demolition is needed.
- Fun with Moldings – Regardless of the type of installation you choose for your cove ceiling kit, you can add molding to accent the look even further.
Now that you know how a cove ceiling can enhance your room’s design, it’s time to plan that project. Installation is so much easier than you think it’s going to be. We know this because we’ve already done all the hard work for you. The pieces are cut and the instructions are written. Not to mention, depending on the installation style, little to no demolition is necessary. Cove ceiling kits are perfect for box or tray ceilings, and can easily be installed over existing drywall. To complete the project, you just need to be able to handle a staple gun (or screw gun) and a tape measure. To see for yourself how easy it is to install a cove ceiling kit, check out the video above.
What are the benefits?
One of the best things about the process is that you can get started as soon as you receive your kit. Order online or at your local home improvement store and you can start installation as soon as the pieces come out of the box. No need to wait on a contractor or handyman to finally get around to working on your project! But when the job is done, it’ll look like it was completed by a professional. You can even tell people it was. It’ll be our little secret.