How to Build an Arch the Easy Way
Hint: You don’t need to know how to build an arch at all!What do the Taj Mahal, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Roman Colosseum have in common? Well, aside from all being architectural works of art, they are all made up of a stunning combination of straight angles and curves. And that’s what adds to their appeal.
The Taj Mahal wouldn’t be the Taj Mahal without its domes any more than the Colosseum would be a historical landmark without its signature arches. So, let’s take a cue from some architectural greats and make your next home build a little more spectacular. It doesn’t even have to be hard. That’s right. You can learn how to build an arch the easy way. We’ll show you how.
- Let someone else do it for you. What’s easier than not doing any of the work yourself? That’s right; nothing. So, trust the experts at Archways and Ceilings Made Easy to build an arch to your custom specifications. The process really couldn’t be easier and we’ll even let you take all the credit. No one has to know that you used a prefabricated arch kit or that you don’t even know how to build an arch. They certainly won’t be able to tell after the drywall is up and your masterpiece is finished.
- Start by deciding what kind of arch you’d like. You don’t need to know how to build an arch for this step. All you need to know is what you like. You have three choices: soft, half circle and elliptical. If you’re installing this curve in a small space, you’ll probably opt for a half circle or soft. It just depends on the severity of the curve you’re looking to achieve. The famous arches of the Collesseum are strong half circles. Soft curves aren’t quite as pronounced. Elliptical arches are soft at the center and more severe towards the edges. Those are often used for wide spaces.
- Measure for your arch. Even if you were learning how to build an arch the hard way, you would need this step. But since we’re learning how to build an arch the easy way, you’re almost done with your work. We’ll just need three simple measurements: depth, width and rise. Depth and width are self-explanatory. Rise is measured from the apex of the arch to its lowest point.
- Order. We do our best to make ordering easy, so you can contact us in the way that’s most convenient for you. Whether that’s by fax, phone, email, snail mail or online ordering, we’re here to answer any questions and take your order.
- Install. About five days after your order is confirmed, we’ll be loading your kit onto a truck and sending it your way. Now might be a good time to take a look at some of the short installation videos on our website to get familiar with the process. You don’t need to know how to build an arch to be able to install one. You just need to know how to use a measuring tape and nail gun.