How to Buy an Arch
If you want to learn how to buy an arch, boy, have you come to the right place.Not only do we sell arches, but we’re happy to walk you through the entire process. You see, we’re pretty passionate about what we do, so we like to handle as much of the process as we can. Our job is arches. Your job is to make your home fabulous (…with our custom arches, of course).
Here is an overview of the purchasing process:
- Choose and Measure. No, you’re not ready to buy the arch just yet, but you’re almost there. Choose from one of three archway styles. There’s the soft arch, half-circle arch and the elliptical arch. The one you choose will just depend on how severe you want your curve. It’s important to choose the arch you want first because each archway has its own set of measuring instructions.Next, it’s time to measure. You might think this is a long and drawn out process, but it really isn’t. You just need to give us three simple measurements: depth, width and rise. Depth is the net thickness of your wall. If your wall depth is greater than 24 inches, you’ll need to install a barrel vault instead of an arch. The effect is the same, but the construction is different. The width measurement refers to the span of your rough opening. If you’re not sure you’re measuring properly, opt for an adjustable arch. This way, you can adjust the arch to three inches smaller or larger than your measurements. Rise measures the distance between the apex of the arch to where you want it to connect to the wall.
- Buy an arch . This part is easy. You can order online, over the phone, through standard mail or via fax or email.
- Product confirmation. Within five days, you’ll receive an email confirmation of your order directly from us. You wouldn’t think it would be so easy to buy an arch, but it is!
- Tracking information. As soon as your order is shipped, we’ll contact you again with a tracking number. The order will arrive on your doorstep or jobsite with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Installation. Now, it’s time to install the arch. Not only will you be armed with the installation instructions that arrived in the box, but you’ll also have access to instruction manuals and how-to videos on our website.
- Drywall. You’ll be surprised at how soon you’ll be drywalling from the point you decided to buy an arch. It’s pretty amazing. We do offer easy-to-follow drywall instructions if you’re going to do the job yourself, but you can always hire someone to do the drywall for you. It’s your call.
Now, not only have you learned how to buy an arch, but you’ve also installed it. It’s that easy. If you want more detailed instructions before you buy, check out our video library to see how to measure and install.>