What Happens When I Order My Dome Kit?
So, you’ve decided to order a dome kit
? Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step to add interest and value to your home. As you’re preparing to embark on this exciting journey, let us fill you in on what’s in store for you in the coming weeks.
- Order your dome kit. The hardest part about this process is figuring out where the dome is going to go. You have to be sure before you take your measurements, so take some time and think this through. If you need some help, look through our online gallery or talk to a designer for a professional opinion. If you want more than one dome kit, you’ll need to take separate measurements for each and tell us where they’re going to go. One may be for the dining room and another for above the bath, but once we know, we’ll be able to label them properly. You really only need one measurement per dome and that’s the box opening. Your region may have coding requirements on this, so check it out before you order. At this point, you’ll also decide whether you’ll want a light box.
- Wait about five days for your dome kit to be produced and another few days for shipping. You’ll receive tracking information when the dome kit ships, so you can plan on an installation date. Your dome will arrive with detailed installation instructions, but if this is your first time installing one of our kits, we recommend checking out our how-to video library to see how it’s done. Don’t worry, though; it’s pretty easy.
- Installation. As long as you know how to work a nail gun, you can install this kit. So, if you’re a professional contractor, you shouldn’t have any trouble at all. Once the dome kit is installed, you can sit back and admire your handiwork.
- Drywall. The drywall process for a dome is a little bit more complex than for a straight wall, but it’s not as bad as you might think. Just like installing standard drywall, the most important part is measuring the right cut. In this case, you’ll be measuring many triangles instead of a few rectangles.
- Design. Over the years, we’ve seen some really interesting designs. The one shown here is a deep half-circle dome surrounded by heavy molding. It serves as a way to display the large chandelier. But sometimes, the dome kit is used as a standalone accent without any lighting apart from the light box. Check out our gallery to see what other people are doing with their domes.
Well, now that you know what to expect, it’s time to order your dome kit. What are you waiting for? Your ceilings aren’t going to decorate themselves.