Window archways solve the problem of poor, crooked and out-of-round reveals for vinyl and aluminum windows. Our window arch kits also provide a weather tight seal and easy insulation.
How to Measure Window Arches
- Measure the depth of your opening to the nearest 1/8”.
- Measure the rough opening width to the nearest 1/8”.
- Measure the window width to the nearest 1/8”.
- Measure the window height to the nearest 1/8”.
- Measure the window leg to the nearest 1/8”.
- Enter the location (place) where the window arch will be installed in your project (for example: Dining Rm, Study, #1 Window Arch).
How to Install Window Archways
- Measure and mark the center of the header.
- Measure and mark the total height on each stud.
- Fasten each window arch kit half to the marks on the header and stud.
Tailored installation instructions will be supplied with your window archways for easy install.
How to Drywall a Window Arch Kit
Drywalling a window arch is comprised of measuring the curvature of the arch, cutting the drywall to the curvature and depth, forming and fastening in place.
- Wetting the back of the drywall will make the drywall easier to bend.
- For tighter radius window arches, consider using a double layer of either ¼” or ¼” flex drywall.
How to Finish Window Archways
You can finish your window arch with drywall, plaster or a wood veneer. Whether you want your window archway to have a simple or an ornate finish, the choice is yours.
Window Archways Specifications
|Material||Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)(High Grade Moisture Resistant)|
|Thickness (in.)||1” – 1 ½” (depending on width)|
|Depth (in.)||1” to 5 ½” Depths over 5 ½” will be made as a 2 piece split. A 2 piece split is a 5 ½” deep arch with a split cut down the center. When installing, finish the split cut and put one 2 ¾” piece on the front and the other 2 ¾” piece on the back of the opening.|
Finding Your Window Arch Rise
The rise of your window archway is the window height less the window leg. If your window arch doesn’t have a leg, then your window arch rise would be the window height.
How Do You Ship My Window Archways?
Depending upon the size of your order, most window arch kits ship in boxes via UPS Ground. If you order several arch kits or if you also order a ceiling or wall design kit, it could ship on a pallet via LTL common carrier. If you’d like to know how it will ship before placing your order, simply call us and we’ll let you know.
“All Star Homes loves the framing kits that archways and ceilings has to offer. Price is affordable and ordering products that come in a timely manner is impressive. So we have to use these guys on all our custom homes. I would recommend Archways & Ceilings to anyone!”
Craig Parker, President
All Star Homes Killeen, TX